Wednesday, February 28, 2018

How I'm Helping Out the Team

Assalam Alaikum,
My name is Asiya Ahmed and I am a member of the 99 orphans team. My sister's friend told her about the team and on the first meeting she went to, I decided to come along. At first I had no idea what the purpose or meaning of this program was, or what events they were planning. When they went around the room asking for ideas of a money-raising event, my friends had suggestions like a "bake sale" or a "lemonade stand". I had nothing, though, so we moved on. Soon I started brainstorming, and learned that even if the ideas aren't my own, I can still help out by helping, for example at the ice cream social: I helped clean up, I helped by buying food (:-p), I helped my friends chop strawberries - and even though we could be sitting and watching TV or playing games with friends every Sunday, I think it's great that we are all gathered here, getting volunteering hours and helping out.

No comments:

Post a Comment