Sunday, February 25, 2018

Plight of the Syrian Orphans


Assalamualaikum. My name is Zaina Taha and I am a member of the 99 Orphans Team. I read the book Refugee by Alan Gratz - now my favourite book - which describes the sad story of a Syrian refugee, Mahmoud. This got me really interested in the Syrian conflict and I researched about it. I feel terrible for the countless children who have lost one or both parents, so I decided to do my blog about it. In Syria, a lot of kids are becoming  orphans because of the devastation caused by the war. Six million people have left their homes to find safety elsewhere in Syria. The children cannot go to school anymore because either the schools have been destroyed or they lack education personnel. Their houses are destroyed and a lot of them have to live in camps in deplorable conditions. They don’t get to eat much because of the food scarcity. Chronic malnutrition makes them fragile and susceptible to a variety of diseases and illnesses. We should pray and donate to help these and other orphans around the world who are facing extremely difficult circumstances. May Allah make it easy for them and accept our efforts. Jazakallah Khairun.

1 comment: